Monday, January 23, 2012

Keeping It Together

School has started and with it has come regression.  Though I'm not entirely sure I can blame all of Aimee's new developments on my 'abandoning' her every day.  I'm sure it has some to do with it, yes.  But I also believe she's just growing, and I'll be the first to say she's not the average baby.  In fact, she's probably about as far away from average as you can possibly get.  She even stumps her pediatrician! But I digress to my real subject for this long procrastinated post.

As I have mentioned I am finally back in school, and for the first time in a long time I am loving it again.  So, now comes the really tricky part.  Wes is at school, too, and we are both still figuring out how this whole thing is going down.  My mom has taken up the role of part-time mommy and takes care of little AJ in the morning while I'm at school.  Then, I come back and proceed to carry out this juggling act I like to call 'homework/happy baby'.  Each day brings new changes in both her development and her temperament as she grows and develops and gets used to this new routine we have thrown her in.  In the week that school started alone, she learned to sit up independently, roll from her back to her stomach, and decide that all baby food was for the dogs.  Soon this baby food for doggies could become a literal concept.  So as I'm trying to handle a little one who's anxious to get things moving, I'm also balancing on a very small wire of 16 credits that could tumble at any moment.  And yet, the further we get into this whole thing, the more realistic it becomes.  It almost seems like we could pull it off.

Our nighttime sleeping routines could be compared to the ocean tides... Always coming and going.  A good night's rest has evaded us for more than 7 months, now, and I have a hard time considering that I could ever sleep through the night again.  The little one refuses to sleep for more than an hour at a time, and although this sounds grossly exaggerated, it's really not.  Needless to say, dragging my butt out of bed in the morning is a feat of epic proportions and making it to school on time seems to be completely out of reach.  But so far we've pulled it off and I have lots of hope for this coming semester.  So much will be happening and little Aimee will surprise me every day with what she's learning.  It will prove to be both busy and rewarding, and worth every little bit of the effort it takes to get through it.  I'm looking forward to seeing where the next few months will take us.  And I'll make sure to check in now and again... After all, the action in this family is not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment